The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Girls and Growls

Angel made some new friends on Friday night. The girls had a "girls night" here with several of their friends spending the night. I was looking forward to the girls being here, but not to Angel's predicted reaction. The girls started coming at 5, starting with Gracie, then came Jessie, Meagan, and finally Annie. Every girl got the same "angel unwelcome", fierce barking, lion-like growling, and clawing...on me, of course, while trying to settle her down. A couple of the parents dared to come in, and they were "treated" to the same surprise. I don't know about you, but a dog with that reaction gives me some cause for concern! Luckily, they were all briefed on her situation, so no one was really afraid of her. It just made it impossible for me to be cordial to them. Somewhat embarrassing, I guess, even though they knew what to expect.

It didn't stop me from being annoyed by it all, though I do try to remain calm. It took about an hour to finally get her to stop barking, growling, and rushing our guests. We went through many many treats and finally....finally...she gave them each an approving lick. Sigh.... I was a full hour late trying to get things ready for dinner for all six girls...and us too! Oh well. Just another day with Angel.

Sad thing is, she has "groundhog day" mentality, for when out of her sight for just a moment, she seems to "forget" who's here and starts all over again upon sight of them! Ugh...I have to say she is settling down somewhat faster, and trusting just a bit sooner than usual. By the time they left late on Saturday, Angel was giving most of them the belly and trying to sneak more licks! It just takes lots of time. And patience on all our parts.

She is worth it, but I'm pretty sure I got a few more gray hairs this week. Soon I will match Angel....:)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need more dinner parties and sleep-overs. Less stress mom and more trust that soon Angel will be our angel.

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."