The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Naughty Dog

Angel was up to her no-good tricks again this morning as she scared Serena right out of her shoes..literally! Serena took her outside this morning and I thought nothing of it until she burst through the door, looking a bit disheveled. Angel trotted off while Serena began to blurt..."She took off on me! She ran ALL the way down the road...right in the road! All the way down to Grandma's driveway...she wouldn't stop...I couldn't catch her...I was so afraid a car would come...she tried to go down to the river too! I was so scared...my shoe came off while I was running...I had to tackle her then I sat in the snow because I couldn't breathe...and on and on the story went..complete with tears. :( She stood there, bright red from the cold, standing there in soaking wet moccasin slippers, pajama bottoms and her bright pink coat, watery eyes as big as pies as she spoke.

Meanwhile, Angel, looking a little sheepish, went off by herself, surely knowing what a stink she had caused. Or does she?

We don't know what she's thinking when she does this. Serena had merely reached into her pocket for her phone and Angel took off, leash and all. Nearly a quarter of a mile away. Steve takes her out on the training lead all the time and lets her run. She listens to Mr. Alpha Male, apparently. Not so much the rest of us...

Later Angel went up to Serena's room and I heard Serena  say, "Are you here to apologize or are you just hiding from mommy cuz you know you're in big trouble?" :) I'd like to think she does feel bad, but truly, I think Angel is just planning her next shenanigan!

I am thankful that because of the poor road condition, we didn't have much traffic today. We live on a very curvy, very unforgiving road. I thought of all kinds of horrible things that could have happened....going down the riverbank would have been disastrous, as you can't get down there without some kind of rope.  Serena is being treated for a bum knee right now, and I am glad she didn't hurt herself or fall while running.

All Natalie could say was, "Hey, those were MY slippers you were wearing!":)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, a runaway dog would be a total freak out moment. Thank God Serena was able to stay with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Angel!!!! When will you learn - I think it might be never. Jami, please tell Serena that I hope she's ok and it wasn't her fault. Our dog was like that too - take off any chance she got and wouldn't come back unless we yelled "cheese" or "treat" (which worked till she got deaf) or went running after her, herding her back to the gate. I'm convinced she knew but didn't really care.

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."