The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gramps Gets the Belly

Angel required her first dogsitter on Saturday when we had to be out of town for the day. I worried the whole week about it, even though it was my dad! He has been trying to warm up to her for awhile now, and she's been getting better, so we asked him to come out and take care of her while we were gone. He called while we were on the road to tell us she was at the end of the leash! I told him, "you are amazing!" Steve couldn't get her on a leash without my help for a long time! Dad must be his own kind of "dog whisperer"! Anyway, Angel was hesitant at first and barked at him for a good 3 or 4 minutes before finally giving up. She finally started taking the treats gramps was offering, which is something she has a hard time resisting! (don't we all?) Before he knew it, Angel was letting him pet her head and then much to his surprise, she rolled over and offered him her belly! (hear the triumphant trumpets?) I was so happy for both of them and so relieved for myself. She doesn't warm up to people very well or very fast, and it's always stressful when people drop in unannounced. (which has been happening a lot lately!) The cutest thing was the note my dad left us on the counter. It read-- "Had a good day. We have a new relationship. I love her dearly. She tolerates me." So cute! He even called us the next day to tell us all about his experience with Angel. Angel is so lucky to have such loving grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I know Love. I had a dog."