The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Angel and Me

We've had Angel for almost three months, and the similarities between her and I are uncanny. First, we both have unruly hair and fluffy bottoms! We are both U of M fans, since we both look smashing in blue. We love our crunchy, salty snacks such as popcorn, doritos, and any kind of chip. We both love to watch mindless TV shows, but are known to sit up straight when Joyce Meyer is on. We both love Daddy, that's a given! She loves to sit outside and just be in nature, and of course, so do I! We both love bird-watching and we both hate snakes! Ice cream is our favorite dessert, napping is a favorite hobby, and playing is something we love to do together. Neither of us is real fond of strangers, though I'm much friendlier than she is with them. She loves belly rubs....that's where we differ. I prefer a back rub, but that's close enough. We both love to wake up the girls in the morning, though she's able to jump on the bed and I am not....at least I haven't tried yet. When Angel and I had a shaky first meeting, I was worried we'd never be friends. Today, almost three months later, we are inseparable friends. I just can't stop loving on her, and she never stops following me....unless someone is sharing ice cream with her. Traitor! :) I guess it's easy to love her when she's so sweet and loving, expecting nothing in return. If you never know the unconditional love of a pet, I really feel sorry for you. There is nothing like the greeting of a happy dog at the door at the end of the day. There is nothing like the first morning snuggle, or the snoring dog on your lap at night. When people are rough on you, your dog still loves you and makes you feel like the most important person on earth. Angel was a "shelter" dog. A fostered dog. An adopted dog, yet her tail wags as if she's the happiest dog on the planet. She's been able to let her past go, unlike us humans. She lives for today and hopes for tomorrow. I have learned a lot from that darling little fuzz bomb. I hope that others thinking about adopting a pet will take it one step further and actually make room in their lives for one. My life is much better for the room I've made for her, and I know her life will never be the same. I am so grateful to her last home for the efforts that were made to make sure she gave birth in a safe place, her puppies were cared for, and she was loved and kissed. Right on her "lips"!

1 comment:

  1. Jami, I had to read your post twice - through tears. I know I've said it before but I'm so happy for Angel and for you. Watching her on the cam, she became very special to me. I can only imagine how living with her can be very special. It's amazing how dogs can leave their past behind and just live in the moment. Something I should try to do more. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."