The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Having a Ball

Sunny days are for playing! Angel loves any type of ball--even if it's twice her size! We call her "circus dog" when she's in this mode. She "performs" all kinds of tricks, providing us with great entertainment! It's so hilarious to watch her "attack" the ball, slide over the top, then turn and push the ball with her belly. I can just hear the Big Top music, can't you? I wish we could just give her the freedom to run without the training lead, but I'm a bit nervous to do that. The "honeymoon" period is over and she isn't listening to me as well as she did that first week! She's more interested in chasing anything that moves than listening to my commands. So, for now, we just let her run with the 30 foot lead, or we run alongside her. She's still getting great exercise, but I know she'd like to be free to run like crazy. We'll get there. It's a work in progress. Our goal right now is to keep her safe and teach her the boundaries. However, we live in the woods where there are no boundaries! Here she is "havin' a ball!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jami, she looks like she's absolutely blissfully happy! I'm so used to seeing her in "mom" mode, and she was a wonderful mother to her boys. But now I see the joy in her eyes- she gets to be a dog! She actually looks like little Yofi in these pics! Whatever you and your family are doing, you're doing it right! (((((Angel)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - her boys look so much like her! I so enjoy Angel's stories and am over the moon happy with how happy she is. It's so great to hear about her running around like that and playing with balls. Glad she can be a dog!

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."