The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Angel Walks on Water

On the Saturday after we got Angel, I was still letting her run off leash since she was so attached to me, she didn't want to get too far from me anyway. We loved watching her run in huge fast circles, just totally free! (This was before she discovered the turkeys, chipmunks, squirrels, butterflies, etc...) Well, I had taken her out and was letting her run when I lost track of her momentarily. I knew she didn't go far, in fact, I knew she had gone under the deck. Steve told me where she was, so I began running around the pool to go to the side of the deck where Angel was. Well, I was running so fast around the pool that I wasn't watching where I was going. The next thing I knew, I went head over heels over some plants, taking a dive behind the pool. As always, I cracked up at my own idiocy, and was giggling hysterically. Well, by then Angel had come looking for me, and went up on the deck. She could hear me laughing but she couldn't see me, so she stayed up on the deck trying to figure out where I went. Meanwhile, Steve went back to his business of raking or whatever he was doing. I finally stopped laughing and popped my head up over the pool. Angel spotted me instantly and before I could stop her, she shot toward me over the pool cover! I panicked, and immediately went from laughing to crying, as I pictured the worst...her weighing the cover down and sinking. I prepared to throw myself over the side, but she made it to me safely and I grabbed her in a flash, hugging her to me and crying like an idiot! Steve just laughed at me, knowing she couldn't possibly weigh the cover down, and he was ready to jump in just in case. Now that the pool is open, she is kept away from the pool deck! Judging by her reaction to her first bath, I don't think she wants to tangle with the water too much! Oh, the adventures we've had already with Miss Angel, our curious, daring, superdog who can walk on water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I know Love. I had a dog."