The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Love Like Mine

I finally did it. I finally broke down and watched the old videos of Angel and her 4 surviving puppies. I also found and looked at the pictures of her and her pups the day they were born. It was bittersweet! I really didn't want to see her that way-a young pup herself with 6 little ones. It just brought back to mind the difficult existence she has had so far.

Somehow I had to make myself see this part of her, and with my daughter beside me, we watched. And smiled...

What a beautiful, protective, full of mischief puppy mom she was! It just makes me love her more.  Those puppies were so adorable, with those chubby little butts! They look just like their mama.

I have such a special connection with Angel. I don't know if it's her background or mine...but we mesh together perfectly. She's still my little shadow. My stalker even! She's ever at my feet, my side, my back. Protective, needy, clingy...both a puppy and a mama. And I let her care for me and be cared for...whatever she needs that day...whatever I need that day...

My Angel. My love!

5 comments:

  1. Angel was the most amazing mama I`ve ever seen. She cared for her pups long after they needed to be taken care of. Her love and protective nature were very apparent. Now I`m glad she gets to be a puppy herself. Your understanding of her need to be a pup or a mama at times is so great. I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again; I`m so happy you`re her forever family. Enjoy your shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami, I thought I'd let you know that I've started writing in my blog again. I hope you'll come visit me again. I don't know how often I'll write and I'm praying as I get better at it, it will be a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had the opportunity to read a Love Like Mine. It brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for Angel and your family.

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."