The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Angel and Mercy

Well, I guess the "honeymoon phase" is officially over. Angel got into some trash while we were at the basketball game the other night. Mind you, Angel doesn't get left alone regularly, and if we leave, it's never for very long. So, I'm not quite sure why she gets so incredibly bored while we are gone! I actually do have a few theories...she is bored without her usual doggy/kitty playmates. She has separation anxiety because she's never lived at a home for very long. She is now comfortable enough to get into mischief!! Whatever the reason, she still goes unpunished.

I was the first to walk through the door, and a little shocked at the mess on the floor, so I probably said, "oh my gosh" or something like that. I wasn't angry, just surprised. She never does that! She immediately took off, assuming she was going to "get it". I finished picking up the mess and called her to go outside. She didn't come. Unusual for her. Kept calling. No Angel. I went into the bedroom and there she sat in her bed, somewhat cowering. I felt so bad for her that I just calmly walked up to her, told her she was okay, and gave her a few pats. Then when I told her to come outside, she happily followed.  I guess it's just going to take even more time for her to completely trust us. Sad to think about her broken little heart sometimes.

Last night I went to bed pretty early, not feeling well. Angel immediately took her spot in bed with me, all stretched out next to my side. She's so warm and cuddly, and so very comforting. At some time in the night, she had gotten back into her own bed, while my insomnia kicked in. I laid there and laid there, almost willing her to jump back in bed with me! When my husband ended up getting up, she thought it was "morning" and jumped up in bed with me!  So at 4am, I had Angel right up next to me, laying her head on my hands. Guess what? I went back to sleep!

I know I go on and on about her. (kind of the purpose of a blog, right?) But I will never get tired of her love for me. I will never get tired of loving her. I've always said a friendship with an animal is something you have to experience. No one can explain it to you. And even the most broken animals always have the most love to give. Maybe like some humans? Don't the ones who "least deserve" the love need it the most?

2 comments:

  1. Sure seems like you've entered a new phase with Angel. Poor girl that she's so scared when she thinks she might get punished! As for sleeping, I know I always slept better when doggy sitting and Casey joined me in my bed. There was something so soothing and safe about her presence beside me. Keep blogging about Angel. I love hearing about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami, Everything you said is so true! Our dogs instinctively know when we need them. They also know when they've done something wrong! =)

    Marley always needs to lay on me, or have our bodies touch in some way. There is nothing better than feeling his warm, soft body next to me. As we speak, he is laying on my feet....no need for slippers...

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."