The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Scruffy Girl

No pics right now, but I hope to post one maybe tomorrow if all goes well! By "all goes well", I mean her bathing and grooming session we hope to get done! Angel gets mats so easily and she really doesn't like to be combed or brushed much at all. She always has a dirty face because she likes to burrow her face into piles of leaves and it makes her face all brownish. She looks like a little orphan dog right now! I just got so busy through the holidays that I neglected her grooming...sorry Angel. If it makes her feel any better, I need a cut and color too! :) We are terrified to take her to a groomer. Our last dog, Sophie, did not like going there at all and would slip her collar on the way in. That was the last time we took her. We figured if she was that miserable there, we would do it ourselves. With Angel, she just doesn't like strangers. I mean, she REALLY doesn't like them. So to have one all up in her business would probably not go so well. Since we're still trying to establish safety and security for her, we want to hold off on meeting with groomers and trainers for now. That means poor Angel will continue to have bad haircuts until I learn what I'm doing! My dad suggested getting her an anti-anxiety med, but our last dog needed that and it really didn't make a difference. Not only that, I hate giving them unnecessary medications. So, we will just deal with it, as we do all of her quirks! I keep relating Angel's issues to parents who may have a child with an issue. You certainly don't get rid of your child because they aren't exactly what you expected, right? You learn to work with them, help them to succeed, praise whenever you see progress, and encourage them!! So, it is with us, to do all of those things for dear Angel. And like the kids say, "so what if she doesn't like people? It will just keep the bad ones away!" Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the grooming and bath! Angel-girl is so incredibly blessed to have a family like yours that accepts her and all her quirks. She's been through so much and it's obvious how much she loves you. I hope she gets used to people easier and that you have a way to show her who's safe like Grammy and Grampy. Happy New Year Angel, Jami, and family

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."