The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

5 Months and Counting!

Angel has been with us for 5 months as of yesterday! Though she is quite comfortable here and with her immediate family, we're not making much progress with others. That isn't much of a problem most of the time, but we're trying to plan holidays and other events, and I'm finding I'm always worried about Angel. In fact, we have to leave Angel for a week next year while Natalie has her back surgery. This means we need to find someone in our family that Angel can trust to stay with her. It's ironic that we had initially planned to adopt a puppy so that we could be able to board it if needed. We would never board Angel or have her stay with someone she's not familiar with. I don't ever want her to think she's leaving us or we're leaving her. It's just another one of those issues we need to work out, having sweet, but complicated Angel around! Today I gave her a haircut myself, knowing that she'd never be able to handle an outside groomer. Well, I'm not a dog groomer, shall we say....she looks cute, but a little lopsided in spots! Tomorrow is bath day and I can't wait. I can't say the same for her! She's not a fan of the bath at all. I put her in the kitchen sink and use the sprayer. When all is said and done, I am soaked and so is the kitchen! It's all worth it though, when I wrap her up in a towel and snuggle her awhile. She seems to like that part...and the treats afterwards too! Then she's all soft and smells like baby shampoo and everyone wants to hold her! I will try to get a photo of her bath day and post it soon. Thank you all for caring so much about Angel. I always tell her all her "aunties" are watching and she has lots of love. I would love to hear about her puppies too if anyone would like to share some pics or stories! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yofi went to obedience class tonight for the first time. Time for him to start earning his keep!

    He likes holes. He likes to hide in holes, then erupt out of them at his playmates. http://www.noofies-zoo.com/1207/yofieruptingfromthehole.jpg

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."