The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Training: Amateur Style

I've been working with Angel a bit on some tricks, and let's just say she's not into it so much! She's really good on "come", "stay", and "let's go". She can sit, but has no clue what "shake" means. She just stares at me and looks annoyed when I reach for her paw to shake it! She does lots of "tricks", just not from commands! She's actually pretty unpredictable and funny. That's just her personality, so I just go with it. I tell her "let's go outside", and she leaps into the air super high. If I tried to teach her that, she wouldn't get it! :)Like most dogs, she's incredibly motivated by food. When trying to get her to warm up to new people, I have them give her treats, as Nancy showed us when we got her. Funny dog...she growls at them as she's chewing her treat and sometimes coughs it back up at them. Sigh...we're still working on that! She hates "wiping her feet" when she comes inside, and has started sneaking around the table before i can get her to do it! I guess she's pretty smart after all. She has US all trained! I'm no dog trainer, but I like a challenge, so she's not off the hook just yet. Now if I could just teach her to do laundry....now that would be awesome!:)

2 comments:

  1. Love Angel ever since I saw her puppies born online.
    Thankyou so much for sharing her stories with us. It's a real joy!

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."