The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dog Days

We've had Angel for four months now, which isn't really a very long time, but I had hoped this stranger anxiety would get better. On Friday night, Nat had a friend stay over, and Angel did pretty well with her, but today she is just being barkier than normal with one of our young family friends. I wish everyone knew Angel the way the four of us do....sweet, loving, quiet, gentle, cuddly, fun, playful, and loyal. I'm afraid others look at her quite differently, and it breaks my heart. I know she's just scared of them, but after doing the same thing to our guests over and over again, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to come over anymore. No one likes to be barked and growled at and chased around the house, even if her tail is wagging the whole time! She's never tried to nip anyone, but she sure sounds like she would to them. Sigh...I sure wish we could get her over this. It stresses all of us out to have company, and then I feel like a terrible hostess because I'm exhausted from trying to manage her. I'm sorry I don't have a cute post today, but the reality is, dear sweet Angel is going to take some work in order to make her an all-around happy dog. I know, it's only been four months....and I will hang in there, it's just tiring some days! I just hope one day everyone will love her like we do because she really is so wonderful to have around. Really, she is...:)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jami and Family,

    I can't imagine how hard it is to have Angel be so anxious, growling and barking at others. I hope that the day comes soon that she can begin to relax. Maybe she just is so afraid that she'll be taken away again. I'm so happy that she has a family that loves her so much and sees the "real" her. I know from watching the cam and seeing her interaction with Katz and pups just how loving she is. Hang in there! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was very protective of her pups too. She would growl or bark if other dogs got close to them.
    I have heard is good for company not to look the dog in the eye and to ignore them till they approach them. Letting guests give a treat doesnt hurt either.

    Sorry she is acting like that ..sounds frustrating for you.(((()))

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."