The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Finally! An Angel Update!

It has been so long since I've posted, but it's because Blogger changed it's format so I can no longer blog from my phone! Since most of my photos of Angel were taken with my phone, I had to wait to get a new computer, download the new pictures of her, and well, the point is, a lot had to happen and now we're back! New computer, new pictures, same wonderful Angel!

She is doing well! She had a bout of mild pancreatitis again near Christmas, so she was sick for nearly 2 weeks. It was the worst 2 weeks for her and for all of us! We took her to the vet at the first sign of trouble and it took awhile to get her back on track, but she recovered nicely, and is now eating specialty food, no "people treats", only natural dog treats sparingly, and we watch her very closely.

At the present time, I am still trying to groom her...This is like wrestling an oiled pig. She still does not like to be brushed, combed, trimmed, bathed, or anything of the sort. If I even touch her dog shampoo, she runs and hides. If she hears the bathtub turn on, she runs and hides. If she hears me open the dog cupboard door to get her scissors out, she runs and hides. And need I remind any of you, she has never had a bad grooming experience with any of us! We have been nothing but gentle and kind with her. She's always been this way since day one. Just a sensitive little baby, I guess.

So she's got a terrible haircut, thanks to me just getting in a few trims here and there, but we live in the woods, and she's not going for any show dog awards any time soon! She loves being outside and running all over, and she comes back when she's called! She's so obedient and just as sweet as can be.

Still not great with visitors at first, but she is doing better, and she climbs up on all laps for sweet kisses and cuddles once she knows them well. She loves her many many toys. Did I mention many?? She loves her squeaky furry toys the best and runs all over the house and even outside with them. She is just the best dog ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"I know Love. I had a dog."