The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Tear Licker

Angel met some new kids on Friday and she did way better than I expected her to do! She settled down much faster than normal....oh, is there hope in sight? Maybe!!

She's loving the colder weather, but I'm afraid our bed isn't big enough for the three of us. Sorry, Steve, but you'll have to take the couch! Oh, that was Angel talking...not me. :)

I am very excited for some snow to come, as Angel just loves to play in snow. I will be sure to take some video and post that later on. She's pretty entertaining.

Natalie shared a dream she had the other night. She came downstairs teary-eyed and tried to tell us her dream. It didn't take me long to figure out what/who it was about. She had dreamed that our dear Sophie was still with us, running, jumping, and playing. It just broke her heart and it made her cry all over again. Yes, over 2 years later and the loss of Sophie is still hard to take.

And this is where sweet Angel comes in...I told Nat that Angel was the best tear-licker I'd ever met. She senses sadness, and she will plant herself in your lap when you're having one of those days. She has those eyes..those big almond-shaped milk dud eyes, that just look right through your soul. You can't help but be happy when she licks your face and climbs right up your chest. And that was just what she did when I placed her on Natalie's lap that morning.

There are so many ways an animal can heal your heart. They really deserve the best of us. Angel will always get the best of me and our family. She's just that special. Every day with her is a gift and we are so grateful for the many ways she loves us.

1 comment:

  1. Tell Natalie I understand. I still really miss Casey two years later. I'm glad you've got the best tear-licker in the world to help ease the pain.

    ReplyDelete

"I know Love. I had a dog."