The people in Angel's neighborhood? Me, (her mom), Steve, (her dad), and two sisters, Natalie and Serena. We're having a ball with Angel in our family now! She's sweet, cute as can be, and full of love and cuddles. She is also fiesty, fun, curious, and loves to chase chipmunks! Her birthday is October 29th,2010, and she became part of our family on April 26th of 2012.

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Happy Adoption Anniversary!


 Hi Everyone! 


Sorry for no updates for so long! Angel is still doing really well! I wanted to do an update today, because today marks the day we adopted her exactly 10 years ago! So, happy adoption day, Angel!! 

She is getting older, and showing a few signs of slowing down, but don't tell her that, because she still "runs like the wind," and looks like a puppy baby. 

I recently acquired a golf cart, and she is my riding buddy! She absolutely loves riding all over the woods and to go get the mail in the golf cart with me. She will come running from anywhere in the yard when she hears me pulling it out of the garage! She's such a sweet girl, always jumping on my lap for a quick kiss before she settles onto the seat beside me for her ride. 

The picture is from last summer. Angel is also my green bean picking buddy! She knows when I grab a container and head for the garden, that it's her cue to run for the garden gate and beg to be let in. She runs right for the bean plants and waits impatiently for me to start picking. I swear she eats half of what I pick! (Not really, maybe 5 or 6, but it's pretty cute to see her munching on them) 

She loves all kinds of vegetables, like all colors of sweet peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, and her latest favorite is the crunchy part of romaine lettuce we call "lettuce bones!" She literally begs for lettuce and broccoli like it's steak. So funny! 

She still begs for belly rubs every morning and frequently throughout the day. She'll just randomly roll over and look over at us. She has the sweetest personality and cutest face when she wants something. 

She can't jump off our bed anymore, but she jumps from a chest to our bed, then barks when she gets "stuck" there, and I have to rescue her. So, she doesn't sleep with us anymore, but she likes to nap with me during the day because she can see a clear spot to jump on the bed.  She has 3 very comfy beds with soft blankets in them, and she hunkers right down in all of them! She knows how to relax and how to have fun. We could all take a few notes from Angel.

I'm not sure if anyone is even still following this blog, but thought I'd update in case someone happened to see it. Angel is well and healthy and still making us all smile every day. We love her so much and have been so blessed to have her for 10 years today!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I know Love. I had a dog."